Friday, April 20, 2012

The Move

Wow am I glad that the move is over with.  It is so much work and honestly...I hate moving!  But for Ben I would do it in a heartbeat! 

I am so grateful for my neighbor who popped in unexpectedly and asked what she could do to help.  I don't know what I would have done without my sister Michelle.  She spend all day Thursday and Friday morning helping us anyway she could.  She was seriously a lifesaver and made moving so much easier. 

Friday we left for Utah in our Budget truck.  We stayed at Ben's parent's house for the night.  In the morning we would set off for Texas.
Saturday morning we took off.  Ben's parents came with us and I am so grateful they did.  I seriously cannot imagine making this move without them.  The drive was 24 hours long and it was seriously a LONG drive.  Both kids were fantastic.  Benson slept pretty much the entire time.  The only time he woke up was when he was hungry or had a poopy diaper. 

Reese was fantastic too.  
 She had a couple of meltdowns but was mostly content to watch the movie Curious George over and over and over again.  We had a bunch of movies for her to watch but the only two movies watched were Curious George and Megamind.  Funny girl.

We were all so happy to finally arrive in our new home and excited to get out of the car.  Brad was so smart and rounded up a bunch of boys that were hanging out in our parking lot to help us move our stuff in.  They were so funny and told me how much fun they were having.  They sure made moving a whole lot easier!

2 comments:

A.J. and Ashley said...

I am glad you got there safe! I hope the adjustment goes well and that you love it there!

Mikki and Greg said...

Wow that is one LONG drive with two little kids. Thank goodness for grandparents!! I hope you guys like your new place and can't wait to read about your new adventures. We will definitely miss you guys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...