Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 14 in 2014


2014 was a great year for the Call clan.  We had a lot of changes and firsts for our family so without further adieu here is our top 14 in 2014.

14.  Ben found a great job in Georgia and we found ourselves moving even further from our families in Utah.  But Ben loved his job and he had a great experience working for Hyde Prosthetics and Orthotics.

13.  For my birthday Ben surprised me with the best gift EVER!!!  A surprise visit from my sister Michelle!  I seriously had no idea that she was coming and was completely surprised when I hear a knock on my door and opened to find her and Piper there!

12.  Our trip to Panama City.  Even though our car broke down on the way there, we had a blast going to beach and swimming in the beautiful ocean.  The only downside to our trip... Ben getting fried!!!

11.  Reese learning to swim.  We didn't sign Reese up for swimming lessons this year because they were outrageously overpriced so I decided to teach her myself.  After lots of crying and screaming on both our parts, she finally learned to swim!  It was definitely a proud parenting moment.

10.  My little sister Kaylee and my nephew Corbin came to visit.  They stayed for a whole week and we had so much fun with them.  Although I don't think Corbin will ever visit us again, he got REALLY homesick.
9.  New family pictures.  I love getting family pictures.  I don't enjoy the stress of getting everyone in coordinating outfits but I love getting back our pictures and being happy that we got a least one good picture of everyone.

8.  Getting Benson into a big boy bed.  That one was a relief because it meant that we could finally put Tanner in the room with Reese and Benson and we could have our living room back.  Yes, Tanner slept in the living room for the first 9 months of his life.

7.  Benson is potty trained!!!  Such a relief and it is so nice to only have ONE child in diapers!!!

6.  Atlanta aquarium.  This was the coolest aquarium I have ever been too and it was worth every penny!  So glad we took the time and money to go before we moved from Georgia.

5. Lunch dates with Ben.  We didn't do them often but it was always something I looked forward to.

4.  Halloween.  We had such a blast dressing up for Halloween this year!  But my favorite part was seeing the joy on my children's faces from everything that was going on around them. 

3.  Moving AGAIN!!!  Ben's work didn't have enough money to keep him around for the second half of his residency so he was in need of a new job.  Thankfully, he had a really easy time finding a new job.  Twin Falls Idaho here we come!

2.  Spending Christmas with family.  It was noisy, sickness was everywhere, but it was wonderful!
1.  Celebrating 6 years of marital bliss with this guy!  And we made it a family celebration this year because of lack of babysitters out in Macon Georgia.  We don't hope to continue this tradition.
We have been so blessed this past year in so many ways.  Here is to another great year and hopefully 2015 will be even greater!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...