We celebrated Tanner's first birthday last night! The kids have been looking forward to Tanner's birthday for weeks now. We measure time by celebrations so they knew that after Halloween came Tanner's birthday. They were quite excited the night before when I started pulling out the birthday decorations that this blessed day had finally arrived!
Tanner didn't care too much about the decorations in the morning. He stared at them and gave them a funny look.
We didn't do a lot throughout the day. We went and picked up some cupcakes from a cupcake shop in town and that is about it. That night we had the sister missionaries coming over for dinner so we couldn't really make Tanner's favorite dinner which definitely would have been mac n' cheese of quesadillas so instead we made Tortellini and bread sticks. At least he enjoyed the bread stick!
After the missionaries left we opened presents. He could have cared less about the presents and plus he had two VERY eager sibling who were willing to open all of his presents for him.
We tried to let Tanner play with his new toys after he was done opening presents, but there were two little kids {I won't name names} who kept taking all of his new toys away so they could play with them. It sure is hard having older siblings!
Then we busted out the cupcakes. I was lazy this year and decided to not make a cake for Tanner. I guess I wouldn't say lazy but I decided that it was silly for me to make this ginormous cake for just the five of us when we would end up throwing out the whole cake anyways. So I took all the kids to the cupcake shop and let them pick their own cupcake and we called that good for Tanner's birthday cake!
He was so funny to watch eat his cupcake. The first thing he ate was the frosting. He was so proper. Instead of fisting the whole cupcake he used his two fingers and very properly ate his cupcake.
Once the frosting was gone then it was time to devour the cupcake. He picked that whole thing up and gobbled it right up!
I think it is safe to say that he enjoyed his cupcake! The nice thing was he wasn't very messy! I think that was his gift to me!
Happy birthday Tanner man! We love you with all of our hearts and are so thankful that you are a part of our crazy family!









No comments:
Post a Comment