I LOVE sugar cookies!!! And I am sure glad that my kids love sugar cookies too because otherwise this tradition just wouldn't be the same.
We whipped out my mixer and mixed us up an amazingly yummy batch of sugar cookies. We were planning on taking them out to some of our neighbors for Family Night that night. Reese was so excited that we were going to do some SERVICE!!!
Making sugar cookies with my kids is becoming progressively harder each year! They want to help do everything from dumping the ingredients into the mixing bowl, turning on my mixer, rolling out the dough, and cutting out the cookie shapes. Don't get me wrong I love letting my kids help cook, but when it comes to sugar cookies... Well, sugar cookies are already a ton of work and then to have to roll out your dough over and over and over again because your {sweet} children want to help and they put the cookie cutters down in the middle of the dough and push down over and over again because one time just wasn't enough... well you get the picture... They made a process that was already a lot of work a LOT more work!
I was exhausted by the time were done with the sugar cookies but at least my little hoodlums had fun and hopefully they will remember doing something fun with their mama. And thankfully, according to Benson, these cookies tasted "Pinkalicious" which is a good thing!



No comments:
Post a Comment