So of course we had to celebrate our big 6th year of marriage. Unfortunately, while living in Macon, we haven't been able to find any babysitters. So our romantic evening celebrating 6 years of marital bliss turned into a family affair.
We started off the day going to one of the many Fall Festivals around town. This particular Fall Festival was hosted by the GOP. The kids had a blast! There were bounce houses, face painting, balloon animals, and free food. We of course took advantage of everything.
Reese got her face painted. These girls were definitely not professionals. I had to laugh when one of the girls asked what it was that she had painted on Reese's face. It's kind of sad when you have no idea what was painted on your subjects face! But Reese was happy with it and that is all that matters!
Benson wouldn't leave the bounce houses for anything except food. We of course had to bribe him to come down and eat. He was in heaven on those bounce houses! I think he would have stayed there all day if we would have let him!
We got our free lunch and had a picnic out on the lawn. It was the perfect day for a picnic. Not too hot, not too cold, just perfect!
After our morning at the GOP Fall Festival, we took the kids home to get a nap before we ALL went out to dinner. Everyone rested up and then we got ready to celebrate our family anniversary. Ben wanted to go to a Japanese steak house that was like Tepenyaki. Taking the kids was... I don't want to say a nightmare... but it was pretty darn close.
Benson was our trouble child that night! He had to sit by his dad, so I gave up my seat to Benson. Then he wanted to sit in my lap, so I let him sit in my lap for a few minutes, then he wanted to sit by Ben. Then he wanted to sit in my seat! He was definitely a pain in the butt!!
Ben and I enjoyed our dinner and tried to enjoy being together but having three crazy kiddos makes it pretty tough. I told Ben as we were walking out to our car that I never want to have a "family anniversary" again! He agreed that this definitely was NOT our most romantic date!
After dinner we went and got ice cream at Dairy Queen because we had a coupon. The kids didn't enjoy dinner, in fact, they didn't even touch their dinner. Tanner was the only one who gobbled up his food. So of course we spoiled them with ice cream because that is what good parents do!
Life has been crazy in our six short years of marriage, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Ben has made my life so much better because he is in it! I love him and am so thankful that he is the one that I get to share my life with!









1 comment:
Happy anniversary!! I can't believe its been 6 years.
Post a Comment