Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Moving Again

Last year at this time I was 36 weeks pregnant, Ben was finishing up his last semester of Grad school, and he was trying to find a residency.  We didn't know where we were we would be living by the end of the year or where Ben would be working.  Everything was up in the air.  The only thing that I was 100% certain about was that I would be having a baby in four weeks and that we would be moving out of Dallas. 

December came and guess what?  We still didn't know where we were going and I was getting really stressed out about the whole thing, plus I had raging postpartum hormones.  I was a hot mess!

About mid December Ben finally decided to take a residency in Macon Georgia.  I was a little sad to be moving SO FAR away from our families but I was also relieved to FINALLY know where we were going to be living/working for the next year!

Well not much has changed from last year!  Thankfully I am not pregnant, I don't have raging postpartum hormones, and Ben is done with grad school and finals!

BUT we found out last week that we will be moving AGAIN!!!  When Ben came home and told me that the company he works for wasn't going to have enough money to keep him on for next year, I was a little devastated.  I had it in my mind that we were going to be in Macon Georgia for two years and I was okay with that.  I was okay with Ben finishing up his residency in Macon.  I was okay with not packing up everything we own, AGAIN, and moving across the country.  I was okay to stay put.

As I have come to terms with the fact that we will be moving for the 12th time in our six years of marriage, I have tried to come up with some reasons why it's okay that we are moving again.
1.  We didn't want to live out the rest of our lives Macon Georgia.
2.   It is a long ways away from our families and it would be nice to be within diving distance of them.
3.  Macon isn't really kid friendly, so hopefully wherever we go will be a little more exciting!
4.  The schools around here are terrible.
5.  Allergies around here aren't only in the spring, they are all year long!
6.  Our apartment complex makes us pay for cable even if we don't want it.
7.  We have horrible upstairs neighbors who like to party all night long and for some reason they also like to vacuum at 1 o'clock in the morning.
8.  This should be my number one reason for moving, there are WAY too many cockroaches in Georgia!!!  I definitely wont miss those horrible things!

And so just like last year, Ben is in the process of looking for a residency.  Lucky guy!  He is mostly looking out west.  We are crossing our fingers and toes and praying like crazy that something will happen so we can enjoy being a little bit closer to our loved ones! 

Move number 12 here we come!  Hopefully you will be the last BIG move we have in a long time, because honestly I don't know if I could handle another one!

2 comments:

Jen Gull said...

I am beyond excited for you guys to move out west. ( fingers crossed)

Tina said...

Oh man, you are one strong woman! I hope you get to come back this way! Good luck with everything. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...