Reese and I have been reading Junie B. Jones books together. When I started reading them to Reese, I wasn't sure if she would sit through a chapter book or understand things when there were no pictures, but boy was I wrong. Reese would sit through the entire book if you didn't stop. And when it comes to comprehension...
Example One: One night during dinner I clapped my hands really loud. Reese looked up at me and said, "Hey, in my Junie B. Jones book, Mrs. claps her hands really loud just like you!" Right then and there I knew that Reese was listening and comprehending the books! I was a little bit proud and was so excited to tell Ben when he got home from work that night!
Example Two: We read Junie B. Jones is a Beauty Shop Guy a few weeks ago. In the book Junie B. makes herself a name tag with the name Pinkie Gladys Gutzman and she tells everyone that that is her name and that it is the bestest name EVER!
The next day Reese got out some paper, wrote her name, cut out her name, and then asked me to help her glue on her name tag. I helped her to understand that we could not glue paper to her shirt but that she could pin it onto her shirt. After she got her name tag on she very proudly puffed out her chest and told me that now she was just like Junie B. Jones, except that her name was Reese and not Pinkie Gladys Gutzman! I love my Reesie girl and her creativity and big imagination!
I love the time we get to spend together reading! I am just glad she enjoys it as much as I do!


No comments:
Post a Comment