I don't know about you, but since having kids it has become harder and harder to listen to conference. There are so many things going on and my kids don't typically like watching conference.
I really wanted to get a lot out of this conference and I knew that if I didn't take notes I wouldn't pay attention as well so I made a goal to take notes during conference.
I talked to my mom about watching conference with kids and I told her how I didn't want to put a movie on for them in the back room because I didn't want them to get use to just watching movies during conference. I decided that I wanted them to at least watch the Sunday morning session.
We watched conference on Saturday and we had the kids come and watch the first part where President Monson speaks. Reese and Benson were super excited to see the prophet and that 15 minutes was plenty for them. We let them go back in their room for the rest of the day and play and watch movies while Ben and I watched conference.
On Sunday we went over to our Bishop's house for brunch and then came home and got lunch for the kids. We put Benson and Tanner down for naps and Reese, Ben, and I watched conference together. Reese did great! She noticed that Ben and I were taking notes and soon whipped out her own notebook and started taking her own notes. After conference was over she told us that she loved conference and that she learned a lot!
One other great thing about conference was I got to cuddle with this naked baby!



No comments:
Post a Comment