Sunday, October 26, 2014

Fall Festival

Macon Georgia is SUPER crazy when it comes to Fall Festival's.  Every church has a Fall Festival.  Businesses have Fall Festivals.  Everywhere you turn there are Fall Festivals.  Some are free some you have to pay.  Starting from the beginning of October there is probably a Fall Festival every single day and if you went to all of them... well you would be one busy person.
Each Fall Festival is different and they all try to out do the others.  There are bounce houses, face painting, balloons, food, trunk-or-treating, games, etc.  It is crazy around here!  These people in Macon REALLY know how to celebrate a holiday!
Our church threw their own Fall Festival.  It wasn't as big as some of these other Fall Festival's in town but that is okay, it was good enough for us and plus we had a blast!
Ben had asked me at the beginning of October what we were going to dress up as this year.  I told him we weren't going to dress up because it is a lot of work getting everyone's costumes ready.  Plus Reese wanted to be a witch and Benson wanted to be a vampire so we couldn't really do a family theme.
Two days before our Fall Festival I found a GREAT idea on Pinterest.  Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein.  Thank goodness for Goodwill because we found most everything we needed there.  I bought some fabric and added some ruffles to an old skirt and we were set!
Saturday came and we spent most of the day getting ready for the Fall Festival.  After the kids went down for naps I spent the rest of the afternoon doing my hair and makeup.  When they woke up they were quite surprised at how their mommy looked!
Everyone else put on their costumes and the kids and I went out to the car because I thought we were ready to leave.  After waiting for Ben for about 10 minutes I decided to go and see what happened to him.  I caught him in the act of trying to spruce up his own costume.
He had taken an old pair of tennis shoes cut them open,  cut off the toes of his socks and then painted his own toes.  I was quite proud of that man!  He is so good to let me dress him up and then do his own thing because he is excited about his costume!  He made me so proud!  
When we got to the church everyone was quite impressed with our costumes.  We were really the only adults dressed up but I am so glad we decided to dress up because we had a blast!
We had a great time being with friends, eating, and having fun!  The kids were excited about a spook alley that was set up and they loved the fishing pond.  Benson loved it so much he wanted to keep going back until one time his prize wasn't what he wanted and he demanded that I throw it back and get him some candy!  I couldn't quite laughing at how upset he was that he hadn't gotten any candy.
After games and food we went trunk-or-treating and the kids got plenty of candy to hold them over until Halloween when they can officially go trick-or-treating.
What a fun night we had!  And I would like to announce that I won the best overall costume!  Pretty good a last minute costume!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...