We have a friend named Jerome who has been great to us while living here in Macon. He send us email all of the time telling us about fun things to do in Macon.
At the beginning of October he told us all about a pumpkin gutter that he was going to be getting to making pumpkin carving 10 times better. He told us that when it was time to carve pumpkins he would invite us over so he could show us his pumpkin gutter.
We had plans to carve our pumpkins for FHE the Monday before Halloween but then Jerome called and invited us over to carve pumpkins with him. So we went and bought some pumpkins and headed to his house after Ben got after work.
We put our pumpkins on his table and he didn't even ask if he could gut them. I turned my back to help my kids with something and when I turned around he had the tops of the pumpkins cut off and had begun gutting them! He was quite excited about his new toy!
It made pumpkin carving so much more pleasant! I didn't have to stick my hand inside the pumpkin and dig out all the guts. Usually it takes me FOREVER to clean out my pumpkin, but Jerome had it done within a matter of minutes! It was wonderful!
Reese wanted to draw her Jack-o-lantern's face this year. When I had turned back around she had drawn all kind of things on her pumpkin. According to her it was her Jack-o-lantern's mask!
Ben stayed with the Frankenstein theme we had going and carved out a very nice looking Frankenstein. We has quite proud of his creation and I would be too if my Jack-o-lantern looked as good as his did!
I am not even going to talk about what happened to my pumpkin. But there are not pictures of it because it was destroyed in our carving process, but at least we had one good looking pumpkin on our deck!
And then the next day our sweet little Tanner man went out onto the deck and ripped our pumpkins apart! He had so much fun destroying those things that I just had to take a picture of him in the process. Darn kids!
So thank you to Jerome to opening our eyes to the possibilities of pumpkin gutting. I think next year I am going to purchase a pumpkin gutter!






No comments:
Post a Comment