Trick-or-treat smell my feet! Give me something good to eat!
My kids have been SO excited about Halloween! It is all they have been talking about all month long! Every time we go to the store we can't leave until we have browsed their Halloween section. They have been looking forward to trick-or-treating ALL month long! Reese has been dressing up almost every single day and practicing trick-or-treating and she dresses up anyone else who is a willing participant so they can practice with her. Her and Benson have been looking forward to October 31st!We had dinner before we went out trick-or-treating. I made jack-o-lantern pancakes and zombie brains {scrambled eggs} for dinner. Everyone gobbled up the pancakes but no one was very excited about my zombie brains, I don't know why.
After dinner we got our costumes on and we set out to trick-or-treat! And I believe it lived up to my children's expectations! I mean how could it not!
Reese has a huge imagination and very high expectations about some things. All month long she kept saying that we would know it was Halloween because there would be no moon and no stars in the sky. Thankfully, there were clouds covering the moon and stars WHILE we were trick-or-treating!
Reese told us that on Halloween we were going to bob for apples and play really fun Halloween games {I think we let her down on that one}. Reese told us that we needed to sing Halloween songs while we went trick-or-treating so she sang Halloween songs while we trick-or-treated, they were all made up of course! She definitely had a blast trick-or-treating, even if all of her expectations weren't met!
Benson loved going up to the door and getting candy! I mean what kid doesn't!? He was in heaven and I heard him say to Ben, "I LOVE Halloween daddy!" I think it is safe to say that he had a wonderful time.
Tanner... oh Tanner.... To be honest I don't think that Tanner had a great time like my other two kiddos did. Why? Well first off I made him be a mummy to fit our theme of a family of monsters. I don't think any almost one year old would like to be wrapped up in a bunch of stripes of cloth.
As soon as I put his costume on he would try to undo all of my hard work and yes, he was successful! His mummy costume lasted all of about 5 minutes before he had most of it unraveled. But at least he kept within our family theme of monsters! That is all that matters!
And surprisingly he was never very happy when I wrapped him all up... I don't know why.
But he did love being out in the crisp fall air while we trick-or-treated. He was all smiles and had a great time staring at some of the very strange creatures we ran into. Plus all that mummy cloth kept him warm and snug!
Happy Halloween from our family of very scary monsters!











1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had an amazing Halloween!
Post a Comment