Coming up with ideas to keep my kids busy, without spending a lot of money, can sometimes be hard. We can only go to Walmart so many times and browse their shelves before it gets boring. It is too cold to go swimming anymore so that isn't an option.
If I haven't mentioned it before I will mention it now, there isn't a lot to do in Macon Georgia! It is a really big town but it is run down and isn't really family/kid oriented. Then Ben and I met a man named Jeromee who told us that there were a thousand things to do in Macon. He sent us a link to a website that keeps a calendar or events happening in Macon. He also sends us emails about things he finds to do around Macon. He has been a great resource/friend in helping us find free things to do with our kids.
One morning we made cereal necklaces. I tried doing this with Reese when she was two and it was a disaster! I think I made her necklace and then when I was almost done with it she got a hold of it and all of the cereal fell off. I vowed I would never make cereal necklaces with my children again because it was a waste of time!
Thankfully I didn't keep that promise and I was desperate one morning for something new to do with my kids. Reese was a pro at stringing those Apple Jacks onto her string, until she realized that if she told me the hole was too small she could eat the Apple Jack! Smart, smart girl!
Benson did okay give him another year and he will be great. It took a lot of concentration for him to string the Apple Jack onto the string and he wanted to eat the Apple Jacks not put them on that silly string!
After they were done Benson started eating his right away and was done eating it within a matter or 10 minutes. Then he tried to get his older sister to share with him. She wasn't quite so willing plus she wanted to save her necklace FOREVER! I think it is still sitting on our counter a month later!
We also try to go to story time at the library each week. We went once during the summer but it was CRAZY!!! Way too many people for my liking. Now that school is back in there are just a couple of kids and it is perfect. Reese loves going and knows most of the books the lady reads and can recite the whole book!
Benson isn't too sure about story time but as long as his older sister
is near by he does okay. He LOVES the puppet show though. Sometimes he has to come and sit on my lap to
make sure that I'm not going anywhere. I am hoping that as he gets
older that he won't be so bashful and clingy.
We love story time and are so glad that it gets us out of our apartment for a good hour during the morning. Thank goodness for cheap entertainment because otherwise me and the kids would go crazy sitting inside our apartment all of the time!




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment