Friday, August 15, 2014

9 months with Tanner

My little Tanner man is 9 months old!?  What happened!?  Time goes by too quick and before I know it my little baby isn't going to be a baby anymore.
Sleeping:  We finally conquered sleeping!  Tanner is a pro now at putting himself to sleep.  It took a good solid week of letting him cry it out but we are now very happy that Tanner can finally put himself to sleep.  He is such a funny sleeper he likes to pull his blanket over his head when he sleeps.  I had Ben go and check on him one night and he came back and told me he couldn't see Tanner in his bed.  Ben got his glasses and his cell phone so he could shine a light.  He eventually found Tanner but he was hidden under his blanket.

Eating:  Tanner loves his baby food.  For the first month of eating solids he was super constipated.  It was so sad.  Every time he had a bowl movement it would take days to get out and he would just scream and scream.  It was so sad, but he has finally regulated and there are no more painful bowel movement.  Thank goodness because it was horrible!


Personality:  Tanner is definitely a shy boy.  When strangers look at him and try to get him to smile he always ducks and covers.  It is so cute and he will eventually give them a shy little smile.  Thankfully he doesn't care who holds him because church would be impossible.  Ben and I are both very busy during church, we have so many people willing to hold Tanner and thankfully he doesn't seem to care who holds him.  Hopefully that doesn't change!
Ben and I call Tanner our lazy baby.  He is so content to sit and watch the kids play.  By this time Reese and Benson were expert crawlers but Tanner is not even close to crawling.  He finally mastered rolling and rolls all over the place.  He is also really good at turning in circles and this morning I saw him pushing off with one foot to scoot forward.  I think he will be crawling soon but I'm not in a hurry.  I quite enjoy not having a baby roam the house and getting into everything he shouldn't.  So for now I will continue to enjoy my very lazy baby!
Tanner has four teeth now {i think}.  He doesn't like me to put my fingers in his mouth and pushes my hand away every time I try to feel for his teeth but I think there are four in there.  Tanner had three teeth break through this last week and he is a HORRIBLE teether!  He was in so much pain and constantly gnawing on his had.  He didn't sleep much and cried a TON during the night.  I am so glad those three teeth finally broke through because it was a long couple of nights.  I am definitely NOT looking forward to the rest of the teeth coming in.  Hopefully he will handle the next set of teeth a little better.
We love our little Tanner man.  He is such a joy to have in our home.  He loves Reese and Benson so much and they love him just as much.  Tanner gets so excited when he sees them and starts squealing!  It is so cute and I love that they love each other!  I hope it always stays that way.  We love you Tanner man!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...