Pinkalicious is a book about a little girl who makes pink cupcakes with her mom because it was raining and it was too wet to play outside. She loves the cupcakes and eat too many. When she wakes up the next morning she is PINK!!! Her mom takes her to the doctor and the doctor tells her the only way she can get better is to eat a diet of green things and no more pink. Well Pinkalicious doesn't listen to the doctor and that night after her parents go to bed she sneaks into the kitchen and eats more pink cupcakes. When she wakes up the next morning instead of being pink she is RED! She hates red and so she decides to listen to the doctor and only eat things that are green. The next day she is all better!
We whipped up some cupcakes before nap time and then decided to wait and frost them after naps. These two kiddos had the hardest time waiting to frost their cupcakes. We actually didn't end up frosting them until after dinner. They were quite the troopers for waiting all day, but it was worth the wait.
After frosting our pink cupcakes with pink frosting, it was time to devour our pinkalicious cupcakes. It was a major sugar overload and when Reese and Benson were done eating their cupcakes there was pink frosting and pink crumbs EVERYWHERE! But man where those pinkalicious cupcakes divine! When I told Benson he was turning he pink he got a little worried for just a second and then said, "no Mommy, I'm Benson". And of course Reese had to run int the bathroom and make sure she hadn't turned pink.
I am so happy that our pinkalicious cupcakes turned out but what brings me the most joy is seeing the excitement that comes to my children's faces when we do things together that makes memories that will last a lifetime! Being a mom is the best, trying at times, but definitely the most rewarding job I could EVER have!





2 comments:
You are such a good mom! You need to live closer. I wish Piper and I could have had a delicious pinkalicious cupcake with you all.
You are so fun! That's a great way to make books alive.
Post a Comment