June 6th 2014 is a day that should be recorded in the history books. Why? Well for years I have wanted to celebrate National Doughnut Day with my children but I could never remember what day was the official Doughnut Day until it was over. But not this year!
As I was getting all three kids ready to go, the idea dawned on me to call Ben and see if he would be on his lunch break during our stop at Krispy Kreme. I gave him a call and lucky for us he was on his lunch break so we passed by his work on our way to Krispy Kreme and had Ben come and celebrate National Doughnut Day with us! It was a family affair!
On Krispy Kreme's sign it said ANY doughnut was free and so we all picked out our favorites. Reese and I had brownie batter doughnuts {yummy}, Ben had a Red Velvet cake doughnut {divine}, and Benson just wanted one with sprinkles. The cashier told us it was 4 dollars and something cents. What!? What happened to the free doughnuts!?
This is why I am glad Ben was with us because I would have just paid for the doughnuts. He told the cashier that we were here for our free doughnuts for National Doughnut day. The cashier told us that only the glazed doughnuts were free. Then Ben told her that their sign said ANY doughnut. The cashier said that her manger said this morning that ONLY the glazed doughnuts were free so Ben very kindly asked to speak to the manager. Yes I get embarrassed when Ben does this, but their sign did say ANY doughnut and so this time I was glad he was fighting for our doughnuts. A few minutes later the cashier came back out and gave us the doughnuts for free and probably wished we would never come back again.
It has been years since I have had a Krispy Kreme doughnut and oh man I forgot how delicious they are! Just thinking about them makes me crave them and so it is probably a good thing that National Doughnut Day only happens once a year.
We all loved celebrating National Doughnut Day. Hopefully next year when it rolls around, I won't forget and we can celebrate by causing a ruckus at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts again!


1 comment:
This just brought back memories of tepanyakis all over again. Haha :)
Post a Comment