Thursday, June 5, 2014

My brother the Marine

When I was 10 years old and in the fifth grade my mom got pregnant.  On December 31st Jared David Hudson was born and a few days later my mom and dad brought home the sweetest little baby boy.

As Jared got older we all realized really quickly that he was very sweet.  He loved to cuddle with us, he loved to give hugs and kisses and we all loved him. A LOT!
This is how I best remember Jared, always smiling and always happy.  Well time passed and we all grew.  I was a senior in high school and the worst thing in the world happened to me.  I got nominated for Homecoming royalty and I didn't have a date to the Homecoming dance!  Well, I didn't think I would win so it was okay that I didn't have a date.  But guess what?  I won!  BUT I DIDN'T HAVE A DATE!  I didn't know what to do and I was kind of embarrassed about the whole thing. 
After stressing out about if for a few days I decided to take my little brother Jared to the dance.  He was the best and cutest date I could ever ask for.  He was my little buddy that night.  I think he might of been a little embarrassed but he was a good sport and he even dance with me!

Jared graduated from high school last week and I can hardly believe it.  I feel like it was just yesterday that I took him to my Homecoming dance but somehow my littlest brother grew up and is now officially a high school graduate.
I am so proud of him!  I didn't really feel bad about missing his high school graduation because honestly I don't think I could sit through another graduation.  I mostly wanted to be home to say good-bye. 

Three days after graduating high school, my brother was shipped off to California to begin boot camp.  That's right, my brother joined the marines!  He had been talking about joining the marines for years, but I don't think anyone took him seriously.  Well we definitely should have taken him seriously because he did it!
I am so proud of him, but I am also super nervous for him.  The things I have heard about boot camp scares me and I am scared about the things that Jared is going to have to do and hear.  To me Jared is still that sweet little boy who took me to Homecoming.  I know we will all be praying for him to be strong and be able to accomplish a goal that he has had since he was about twelve.

We love you buddy!  
Good luck!

1 comment:

Jen Gull said...

How did we get so lucky to have such an awesome brother, Derek included. It's funny how much we have all changed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...