Since Benson was just a little baby, he has had crazy nose bleeds. I have never been able to figure out why. He isn't a nose picker and he hadn't been getting hit in the nose. One time I had a nursery leader come and inform me that his nose was bleeding but he was fine, but he was covered in blood. I have been really surprised that he sheets and blankets haven't been stained red because of how frequently he got nose bleeds.
Once we moved to Georgia all of his nose bleeds stopped. It has been wonderful because as he has gotten older it has been more difficult to get him to hold still during a nose bleed. He would sit and scream and cry while we tried to hold him during a nose bleed to get it to stop.
Last week was the first nose bleed he has had in 6 months, but it was a bad one. It started in the morning while we were playing. He came into the room covered in blood so I took him into the bathroom and got it stopped and we got him all cleaned up. We kept playing and it was eventually time for lunch and naps.
When Benson woke up from his nap I went into his room to get him up only to find him covered in blood. The first thing Benson said to me when i walked into the room was, "Mommy, look it's blood". There was blood EVERYWHERE!
So into the bathroom again to get him cleaned up. This time it was tough cleaning him up because it was dried blood. I had to scrub to get that stuff off of him, but he was eventually clean again.
As we were eating dinner that night his nose started bleeding again for the THIRD time that day! Man oh mighty I was tired of all this blood! Thankfully Ben was home this time and could hold him while his nose was bleeding because it is a rough job trying to get him to hold still during the blood nose.
I don't know why Benson gets bloody noses all the time. Someone told us maybe it was because the air was dry but we are living in Georgia right now where it is super humid. At least the bloody noses have calmed down a little since moving here but I sure hate walking in on him covered in blood. Poor little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment