Thursday, May 1, 2014

29 years

This April I turned 29 years old.  If i think about it too much it kind of freaks me out because then I realize that next year I will no longer be in my 20's but in my 30's and that just sounds OLD!  So I try not to think about it too much.  Maybe I will just be 29 forever!

About 2 weeks before my birthday, Ben told me that my present was going to be two days late because of the Easter holiday.  I kept telling him that that did not make sense.  Easter doesn't affect the mail but he kept reassuring me that it did.  He also told me that he had to go to Atlanta to pick up my present.  I thought that was kind of weird too, but think too much about it.

Well my birthday came and went.  Ben got off of work early and we celebrated with the kids by going out for pizza and then coming home to make pizookies.

Then it was two days later.  Reese, Benson, and I were eating dinner when we heard Ben's knock on the door.  When we opened the door we found a 10 month old baby sitting on our doorstep.  What in the world was going on!?  I didn't really recognize the baby and was a little worried that someone had dropped a baby off on our doorstep to keep {i definitely could not handle another child right now}.  I looked closer at this little baby and realized that she kind of looked like my niece Piper but she looked so different from the last time I had seen her.  Then Ben and my sister Michelle popped out of the bushes!  It was the BEST birthday present Ben could ever give me!  I was so excited to see my sister and Piper and they were staying for a whole week!

 Yes! 
 I definitely have the BEST husband ever!

I LOVED having Michelle around.  Reese and Benson were so excited to have Michelle visit too.  Poor Michelle didn't get a break.  They wanted Michelle to do everything with them. 

We didn't do a whole lot because when you have four kids ages 4 and under there is going to be a lot of napping going on.  I felt like someone was ALWAYS taking a nap. We talked and talked and talked.  Listened to our kids cry and my kids fight.  Ate lots of treats because you have to when you have a visitor and just enjoyed spending time together.   The last day Chelle was here Ben took the day off and we went bowling. 
We were the only ones in the bowling alley which is not always a good thing when you have two little kids who have no idea how to bowl.  Benson would pick up the balls and just throw them whenever and wherever he wanted to.  Then he decided to chase the ball down the lane and he slipped and bonked his head which resulted in lots of crying.  Then he threw the bowling ball down the wrong lane.  Then Reese somehow hurt her hand and wanted nothing to do with bowling.  Yes, we received lots of dirty looks from the employees.  But Reese and Benson had a ton of fun causing a ruckus!
We were so sad to see Michelle and Piper go the next morning, especially Reese.  She told Michelle that she was her best friend and that she was so lonely here in Georgia and that moving from Texas has been really hard on her.  Oh my goodness!!!  I felt a little bad, but I couldn't help laugh.  She loves Chelle probably more than anything else!
Thank you Chelle for coming!  We LOVED having you and wished you could have stayed forever!  Thank you to my dear sweet husband who made all of this possible!  I dare say that he is going to have a hard time topping this present next year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...