Thursday, May 15, 2014

6 months with Tanner

Tanner is 6 months old!?!  Where has the time gone!?  Didn't I just bring him home from the hospital!?  I am always so amazed at how quickly time flies by.

Tanner is growing and getting so big but he is SO different from my other two babies.

Personality:  Tanner is laid back and very chill, unless he has a dirty diaper and then he screams bloody murder.  Which leads me to believe he is going to be great at potty training {yeah right}!  He isn't much of a mover.  He has yet to roll from his back to his stomach.  Instead turns are far as possible without actually rolling.  He is quite the contortionist! 
He is kind of a lazy baby and loves to just lay around and watch everyone and everything that is going on around him.  He loves watching Reese and Benson and loves when they come close so he can reach out and grab them.  Tanner is so sweet and seriously such a dream!
Maybe one day he will have some motivation to start moving/sitting.  For now we will just enjoy our very lazy baby!
Sleeping:  I am getting frustrated with sleeping.  Tanner use to be a wonderful napper/sleeper.  Recently he has decided that he can't put himself to sleep anymore and so he screams and screams and screams.  The only way that he will sleep anymore is if I nurse him to sleep.  He loves to suck and so if he is sucking he will sleep.  He won't take his binkie so unfortunately I have become the pacifier.  When I do finally get him to sleep he sleeps for about 20 minutes and then wakes up screaming and so I have to start all over again.  I have been really lax with him because he has been sick for the last week and a half so I quit trying to sleep train him and let him nurse all the time.  It is kind of frustrating and I don't know what to do when it comes to helping him learn to sleep.  Hopefully one of these days he will learn.  He also has to be swaddled to go to sleep.  It is kind of ridiculous because he is so stinking big.  He is kind of difficult to swaddle and he doesn't like to be swaddled but if he isn't then he can't fall asleep and he won't eat.  He's awful I know and I need to break him of some of these habits, I am just not sure where to start.

Tanner got his first hair cut last month and it probably needs to be trimmed up again.  His mohawk was just too out of control and he looked crazy with all his hair standing up everywhere so we trimmed the top.  Which made my little baby look so much older, but oh so handsome!
We pulled out the jumper and he wasn't sure what he was suppose to be doing.  He likes to mostly twirl in the jumper which is fine with me.  It has really helped strengthen his legs because before if you tried to stand him up he would just slump down.  Now he will stand if you help him which is so much better than our little wimpy baby.

Eating: We started Tanner on oatmeal cereal and sweet potatoes.  He was not a fan.  I put the spoon in front of him and he thought he was suppose to play with it.  Then I put the spoon in his mouth and he discovered that there was something terrible tasting on the end of it.

That face says it all, this stuff is the worst mom!  Hopefully he will learn to love his baby food.  I gave him a bit of strait sweet potatoes and he didn't have the disgusted look on his face, so there is hope for him.

We love our baby boy so much!  We all love having him in our family.  I just wish time would slow down just a little bit.

 Happy half birthday Tanner!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...