I was so glad we decided to forgo the traditional egg dying kit and try something new because they loved playing in the shaving cream. It was definitely a hit with our kiddos this year and I didn't have to worry about them spilling a whole cup of dye on my table.
After our eggs were painted we sat down and had my favorite Easter treat, Cadbury eggs. It is a good thing they don't sell those things year round.
Easter morning came and we dressed in our best for church that morning. Reese looked beautiful in her new Easter dress, Tanner was as cute as could be, and Benson looked quite dapper in his bow-tie. I thought for sure he would rip it off as soon as I put it around his neck, but surprise surprise he left it on for all of church! It is seriously a miracle!
This was the ONLY picture I could get of the two of them together and I wasn't even going to attempt to take a picture with all three of my kids together.
I am so thankful that because of my Savior I am able to be with my family forever. Because of Him these three kiddos can be mine forever. I am thankful for Christ and for all that He overcame so that I could live again.
He is my personal Savior and I know that He makes all things possible! I love Him and I will be forever grateful for His sacrifice so that I could have my family forever!
Unfortunately children cannot stay clean forever! After church we headed over to some people in our wards home to have a BBQ and Easter egg hunt. Reese and Benson played outside the whole time we were there and by the time we got home they were both FILTHY!
We love Easter. We love all the fun traditions of the Easter bunny and Easter egg hunts but I am thankful we could sit down with our children and talk about why we REALLY celebrate Easter. We know that He lives!
Happy Easter!!



2 comments:
I want to try the shaving cream idea next year-Braxton did dump a whole cup over yellow dye all over my table! You have such beautiful kids. Reese and Benson look so grown up. I LOVE Benson's bowtie! And Tanner is getting so big! So cute!
What a fun idea! You have such a cute family.
Post a Comment