This past weekend Ben had a conference in Atlanta all weekend long. His boss was putting him up in a hotel and all expenses were going to be paid for. We decided to make it a family weekend but it was also Conference Weekend so we had to race back home Saturday morning to make home in time to watch Conference.
Ben left early Friday morning for Atlanta. That afternoon the kids began our drive. The drive is usually an hour and a half but about 30 minutes into our drive the traffic was at a stand still. Our hour and a half drive turned into a four hour drive! By the time we got to Atlanta we were definitely ready to be out of the car.
Ben was just finishing up his meetings when we pulled into the hotel. We took a 30 minute break from the car and then we headed out to dinner. Since my birthday was coming up we decided to celebrate early and go out to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Ben's boss was so kind and paid for our whole meal. We love Ben's boss, he is seriously so good to Ben!
We filled our bellies and it was delicious! Then we headed back to the hotel and went swimming before putting the kids to bed.
Sleeping that night was interesting. Ben and I were in the bed, Reese was in the roll-away bed, Benson was in the pack and play, and Tanner was in the corner on the floor. We went to bed and all night long I heard my children talking and laughing in their sleep. It made me smile. Tanner woke up at 5 a.m. ready to eat. Ben had to use the light on his phone so I could see what I was doing. Well Benson woke up while I was feeding Tanner. He was so funny he started talking and telling us how he could see now and that he wasn't scared anymore.
It was fun to drive through Atlanta and spend the night there. I wish we could have spent more time there but we had a blast going out to dinner and swimming and having fun together.
No comments:
Post a Comment