Ben had his 27th birthday on the 30th of March and I think it is safe to say that he definitely falls into the Old Geezer category now!
We didn't get to go out on the town and celebrate Ben's birthday because our weekends are always so busy with so many things going on. So instead I made him his two favorite meals. On Saturday we had a delicious Tortellini feast and on Sunday (his birthday) I made sweet and sour chicken. It was delicious and I am always thankful for birthdays so I can make extra yummy food!
Ben's birthday cake was pretty ugly. But there is a reason I made such a horrendous cake. A few weeks ago, Ben came home from church and told me that he signed me up to make an ice cream cake for the youth auction at our church. {He is so thoughtful!} I told him I didn't have an ice cream cake recipe and of course he had a solution. I could make the ice cream cupcakes recipe that I have into a cake! So I went out and bought a pan and then when Ben signed us up to feed the missionaries the day before his birthday I figured we could test it out on the missionaries.
Saturday came and I made his ice cream cake a few hours before dinner. When it was time to serve the cake I pulled it out of the freezer. Well, I guess a few hours isn't long enough for an ice cream cake to freeze because within minutes it started melting. We had ice cream cake EVERYWHERE, but sure did taste great. After I was done serving everyone melted ice cream cake, I put it back in the freezer and we pulled it out on Sunday (Ben's birthday) to eat again. Thankfully it didn't start melting as soon as I pulled it out of the freezer. So lesson learned... an ice cream cake needs more than a few hours to freeze!
We sure do love our Ben! He has had such a great year, graduating with his Masters degree and starting his first "real" job! He is such a wonderful dad to our children and I thank my Father in Heaven every single day for such a wonderful man. His kids sure do think the world of him too. As soon as they hear the lock to our front door turn, they drop whatever they are doing and run to their dad. Ben is a hard worker, dedicated to whatever he is doing, and the thing that I love most about Ben is that he makes sure that we always know how much he loves us. Thanks for being such a great husband/dad to us!
Happy Birthday Benny boy!
I mean Old Geezer!
We love you!

1 comment:
Kristen, you are so cute. I love how your personality just comes out through your posts! Happy birthday, Ben!
Post a Comment