Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sibling Love

Whenever someone from my family calls, they can usually hear my children in the background screaming, fighting, and crying.  It always seems to happen whenever I am on the phone.  I apologize to the caller about my loud children and try to continue on with my phone call.  Then the caller usually will ask, do your kids get along?

Usually my children are pretty good at getting along.  But they are do have their days when fighting is rampant.  They hit it each other, they pull hair, there has even been some biting involved.  But it isn't always like that.  They are pretty good to one another.  Some of my favorite moments are when the house is completely quite and I sneak up on Reese and Benson and they are playing together nicely and quietly.
Benson adores Reese.  He thinks she is the greatest thing since sliced pie.  When I get him up in the morning, the first thing he asks me is, "Where's Reesie?"  It makes me happy that they love each other and that they have fun together.
But sometimes they can get fed up with one another.  Reese has a very big imagination and sometimes Benson doesn't always understand what Reese wants him to do.  That results in two very frustrated children, which then leads to the yelling, screaming, and hitting.  Typical children, right?

Reese and Benson both love Tanner so much.  I am so glad.  I was so worried that Benson was not going to like Tanner but Benson is so good to Tanner.  He is so worried about Tanner and gets really concerned when Reese takes Tanner's toys.  He is always kissing and hugging Tanner and gets really worried when Tanner starts crying.  He is such a good big brother! 
Tanner is mesmerized by Reese and Benson and if they are around while I am trying to get Tanner to look at me, well lets just say I don't compare.
Reese has been wanting to be the mom lately and so I taught her how to change Tanner's diaper.  She will be such a great little mom one day.  I am just so thankful that my three kiddos love each other.  I hope that they be the best of friends when they get older.
So if next time you call me up on the phone and you hear my kids screaming in the background, know that they aren't always like that.  It just tends to happen every time I am on the phone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...