Reese has been talking about her birthday since the day after Christmas. Like any four year old she was ecstatic about her birthday.
We started our day off with muffins for breakfast. Usually I give the muffins out pretty sparingly so they will last us a couple of days, but since it was Reese's special day, whenever she asked for a muffin she got a muffin. It was the first time ever I let my kids eat a whole pan of muffins in one day. Good thing birthdays are only once a year!
Reese requested that her birthday cake this year be a Barbie cake. As soon as she asked I knew what kind of cake I wanted to make. I called up my mom and got her insight and then browsed the web to find ideas and tips on how to make a Barbie cake.
This Barbie cake seriously took me all day long to make. So for Reese's birthday we hung out at home and watched movies and played. It was a great day full of lots of cooking for me, but seeing the look on Reese's face made all the time in the kitchen worth it.
Opening presents with Benson was interesting.
He didn't care what was inside the presents, he just wanted one to open. He was getting quite upset that Reese wasn't sharing with him. He finally got a hold of a couple of her presents and demanded to wear them . . .
We had a fun day celebrating our Reese. She is the best little girl we could ask for.
We love you Reesie girl!







No comments:
Post a Comment