Being vertically challenged has a few perks. Number one, I never have to worry about being taller than Ben. I don't have to worry about hitting my head on things, I am too short to hit my head on anything. My favorite perk, is I can wear heels any size I want.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of challenges that come with being vertically challenged, the main one being I can't always reach things inside my kitchen cupboards.
As we were packing up my apartment in Texas, I told my mother-in-law how I wished that I had a small stool in my kitchen so I could reach things in the back of my cupboards when Ben wasn't around.
When we got to Georgia, Jan took me out and had me pick out a stool for my kitchen. This stool has been wonderful for so many different reasons. I can reach things that are up high now and I don't have to wait on Ben to help me. I can reach the high shelves in my bedroom closet. I can touch my ceiling just for kicks. But the main reason I love it so much is because my kids don't have to drag their chairs over when they want to help do something in the kitchen. Instead I whip out my stool and they climb up and help make their sandwich or help me cook whatever yummy treat I am making at the time.
I think it is safe to say that they love the stool about as much as I do. They are always looking for a reason to get out my stool and put it to good use.
The main reason I love the stool, it helps me not feel quite so short when I need to reach
something. Who knows, maybe one of these days I will finally get that growth spurt I have been waiting for since I was a teenager and grow a
few inches!
No comments:
Post a Comment