Sunday, October 20, 2013

Trunk-or-Treat 2013

Our ward holds a chili cook-off and trunk-or-treat every year before Halloween.  After Halloween last year Reese told me that she wanted to be Minnie Mouse.  I thought for sure she would change her mind eventually, but no.  All year long she has been telling me that she was going to be Minnie Mouse so I figured I could make a Minnie Mouse costume and that I could make Benson into Mickey Mouse.
The best part was when I finished Reese's tutu and showed it to her, she gasped and giggled.  I took that gasp and giggle as Reese saying "I LOVE it mom!"
Benson LOVED being Mickey.  When I pulled out his costume he kept saying Mickey over and over again.  I am so glad that Benson was so excited about dressing up as Mickey Mouse because he didn't really have a choice about what he was going to dress up as and he made the best little Mickey.
Reese was the cutest little Minnie Mouse.  I kept looking at her all night long and thinking how grown-up she looked.
The chili was wonderful but unfortunately there was a little boy dressed up as Elmo and Benson was terrified of this little boys Elmo costume.  Every time Elmo would pass by us, Benson would start crying and shaking.  It was so sad and he never really calmed down until dinner started and he couldn't see Elmo anymore.  He was so scared of anyone with a mask and would start crying all over again, the poor little boy is kind of scared of everything, even my Halloween decorations.

Reese and Benson were so excited about trick-or-treating.  Well, mostly Reese.  Benson had no idea what was going on but he finally figured out that if he held up his pumpkin people would put candy in it.  He was in heaven!
Reese was exhausted by the end.  She plopped herself down in one of our friends camping chairs and there she sat until we were ready to go.
Besides the occasional scary costume, I think they had a great time collecting candy and playing with friends and eating lots of good food and yummy candy.  Our Halloween season is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Jen Gull said...

They look so cute. What's with benson's closed eye cheeser?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...