Saturday, October 19, 2013

Five Years

It seem just like yesterday that Ben and I went on our very first date.  It seems just like yesterday that he asked me to marry him while we were vacationing with my family in Bear Lake.  And it seems just like yesterday that we were both dressed in white and were sealed for all time and eternity.  
But it wasn't just yesterday, it was five years ago and a lot has happened in those 5 years.  We have acquired 2 . 75 degrees {Ben graduates in December with his masters!  I am super excited}.  We have lived in 4 different states.  We have moved apartments 8 different times.  I have been pregnant three times and given birth to two wonderful children {almost 3 children, five more weeks}.  Ben has a ton more gray hairs than he did 5 years ago {so do I, but I try not to mention those}.  But the most important thing is that I have fallen more and more in love with Ben as each day passes.

He is my best friend and the love of my life.  I could not imagine my life without him.  I will be forever grateful that his parents moved to Utah during his mission so we could hang out, date, and eventually fall in love and get married.

So of course we had to go and celebrate this huge milestone!  We planned out this night last spring.  We decided that our gift to each other would be to go and see the Broadway musical the Lion King and surprisingly it was going to be in town on our anniversary!

We lined up a babysitter and went on a very much needed date.  First we hit up Cheesecake Factory where we consumed thousands of calories but they were all definitely worth it.  Then we rode the train into downtown Dallas to see the Lion King.  It was seriously wonderful!  The acting and singing were phenomenal and it was definitely worth every penny we spent on those tickets.
The ride home on the train was an interesting one.  The State Fair was right by the play and so everyone was trying to get on the train to get home so it was crazy.  We met some very interesting characters on the train and our 49 minute train ride home turned into an hour and half train ride with drunk men, loud and rude teenagers, fights breaking out, and also some very kind men who gave up their seat for a pregnant lady.  It was a very long ride, but it was definitely interesting and entertaining seeing/meeting all kinds of different people.

I especially loved the two men who photo bombed this picture.  Ben was giving me his exhausted face from being on the train so long and then I noticed these two . . .

They were hilarious and made for some great conversation!  And we all had a good laugh about them photo bombing our picture.

Well anyways, I am so grateful for Benjamin and the wonderful man that he is.  He is such a hard worker and does so much for our family.  He is the best husband and father I could ask for. 
I love him with all of my heart and I am so grateful he is the one I get to spend forever with!

1 comment:

Jen Gull said...

Wow 5 years! Congrats! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...