noun
1. a large, edible, orange-yellow fruit borne by a coarse, decumbent vine, Cucurbita pepo, of the gourd family.
Origin: Benson Bradley Call
Yes, pumpkins are what Benson affectionately calls pumps.
Last night for FHE we carved our pumps and both Reese and Benson were so excited! They both picked out their own pumpkins at our local grocery store and have been looking forward to carving pumpkins all week long.
What I mean to say is, they were excited about carving pumpkins until I told them they had to stick their hand inside the pumpkin and pull out all the slimy guts. Yeah, they were disgusted and refused to touch their pumpkins until the insides were all cleaned out. As Ben and I were cleaning out their pumpkins I said to Ben, "remind me why we got them their own pumpkins?"
After the yucky guts were gone these two loved their pumpkins again. They loved helping create a face for their pumpkin.
Unfortunately Reese wanted a scary jack-o-lantern and she told Benson that her pumpkin was scary so now he is terrified of her pumpkin and starts crying if her pumpkin looks at him. She thought this was hilarious and kept showing Benson her scary pumpkin over and over again {such a good big sister}.
I didn't think her pumpkin was that scary but obviously to Benson {and Reese} her pumpkin is scary. After we saw how terrified Benson was of Reese's pumpkin, we decided we had better make the rest of our pumpkins very happy and VERY smiley!Minus the scary pumpkin incident we had a great night carving our pumpkins and making them as happy as they could be.
When Reese and Benson woke up this morning the first thing they wanted to do was go outside and see their pumpkins. They are so excited about everything and it makes me look forward to Christmas and see their excitement for the Holidays.








2 comments:
Their pumpkins are cute. I love their faces
Madie and Reese would make excellent friends. Seriously--the older they get the more alike I realize they are.
Post a Comment