Friday, October 25, 2013

Mr. Chef

Confession . . . when Ben and I got married I was a horrible cook.  Ben was so kind and so patient with my lack of cooking skills and thankfully taught me quite a bit about cooking.  It is fun to reminisce about the many burnt dinners and flavorless meals I made at the beginning of our marriage.

One thing Ben enjoys doing is cooking.  I do the majority of the cooking because Ben doesn't have time to cook but on Sundays Ben usually has time to make dinner or at least help me with dinner.  Last Sunday Ben and I made sweet and sour chicken together.  Usually I make this meal by myself and last time I made it I got burned with hot oil and I have a nice little battle wound now.   

On Sunday Ben did not want to get burned while he helped me cook so he came up with a solution to my problem . . .
A long sleeved shirt and socks on his hands while cooking.  There was no way he was going to get burned by hot oil while cooking.  And that is one of the many reasons why I love Ben.  He not only taught me about cooking but he also solves my many dilemmas! 

1 comment:

Mal said...

Haha! That is so funny! I remember once I accidentally poured (yes, POURED) hot oil from a pan onto one of my hands. I can't remember how it happened that I would do that, but it did. It left an angry red splotch on my hand for weeks. I started to think it wouldn't ever go away, but it did eventually. That does not feel good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...