I had bangs for the majority of my childhood and I wore then proudly. Curled, ratted, and poofed.
Then I hit Junior High and I realized that my once very cool bangs were not quite as cool as I once thought they were, but did I really want to grow out my bangs?
Right before I hit high school I decided that it was finally time to join the very popular crowd of no bangs. Growing out my bangs was a pain in the you know what, but having no bangs was wonderful I soon realized.
Doing my hair became much quicker. There was no curling, no ratting, and no poofing. It was then and there that I decided that one day when I had a little girl she would NOT have bangs.
Well fast forward to three and half years ago. We were blessed with a perfect baby girl. Unfortunately, she was not blessed with hair and so became the journey of Reese's hair. She was a very bald baby...
So we made sure she had a headband on at all times. We did not want our sweet little girl to be mistaken for a boy. That would be awful!
As Reese got older her hair didn't really grow. She was bald for a long time and then she turned one and she had just enough hair to put in the teeniest piggy. I was so excited to finally get to do something to Reese's hair!
As Reese got older her hair did not grow any faster and it just got weirder. She had a lot of hair in the middle of her head but she looked like she had a receding hair line, so all I could do was continue to put her hair in a little piggy in the middle of her head.
Once Reese hit 18 months her hair really started growing but she had these weirdo bangs and there was nothing I could do with them besides just be weird. So she was forced to have bangs which I was not too happy about but there was nothing I could do.
Finally Reese's bangs were long enough and normal enough to start pulling back, but I just couldn't pull her bangs back. She looked weird without bangs and so I broke the promise I made myself many years ago. My daughter was going to have bangs.
I never really loved Reese's bangs though. They had a mind of their own and they did whatever they wanted. I could never control them no matter how hard I tried. Then we moved to Texas and it is blasted hot during the summer and when Reese got really hot, well her bangs looked like this. . .
A hot sweaty mess! This summer I finally decided that it was time to grow those blasted bangs out because every time we went outside Reese's hair looked awful and she was always pushing them out of her face, so it was time.
So far Reese has LOVED being a part of the no bangs club. When we first started pulling back her bangs the first thing she told everyone is that she was growing out her bangs and that she gets to put gel in her hair. She was really excited about not having bangs!
I have finally adjusted to Reese not having bangs, but she looks so much older now. It makes me sad that my little girl is growing up so fast, but at least she's not a hot sweaty mess anymore.












4 comments:
Yay for no bangs. She does look grown up. I love it though
I remember growing my own bangs out! Good Grief! I just love reading your blog Kristen! Keep posting! :)
She totally looks older without bangs!! She is so pretty! Kajsa and Trey love seeing your kids on the blog. Miss you guys!
Every time I read your blog I get a good laugh! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment