Oh these were the days I loved and now I dreadfully miss them.
I am talking about the days when Benson would sit in his booster seat, wear his bib, and eat his meal peacefully.Ever since we went to Utah, Benson decided that he no longer needed to sit in a highchair/booster seat. He also refuses to wear his bib. If we tried to put on his bib or sit him in the highchair/booster seat, he would scream bloody murder! We tried, we really did. His screaming was seriously so loud and so embarrassing! So we gave up and let him sit at the table with us.
I decided that when we came home to Texas I would put him back into his booster seat. Well . . . this boy is stubborn and I finally just gave up because all the screaming/tantrums were not worth it. He was making meal time MISERABLE!
Benson now sits at the table with us. I can't say that it's my favorite thing in the world because a lot of the time he falls off the chair, or he starts bugging Reese and eats her food, which causes her to start screaming. Yes, meal time has become quite interesting in our home.
But Benson is happy and we don't have to deal with him screaming bloody murder because we put him in his booster seat.
We now have to deal with a very big mess after dinner. He usually has food all over his clothes because he refuses to wear a bib and he scatters his food from one end of the food to the other. Clean-up now takes twice as long.
He lays on the table and tries to touch everything. Or he tries to climb up and lay on the table during dinner.
He refuses to eat his food sometimes, which results in us trying to trick him into eating his food. It doesn't usually work. Ben is super patient and tries to feed him a lot of times, but that doesn't always work either.
Yeah, life was much more simple when Benson sat in a booster seat.
It's a good thing he is cute or else I don't think I would catch myself chuckling during our crazy mealtimes!



2 comments:
seriously, he is so adorable! I love that cute smile!
How could you get mad at a face like that. Love that kid.
Post a Comment