Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Do over

Do you ever wish that you could start the day over?  That is how I felt this morning.  By 10 o'clock I was ready for my do-over.
Don't get me wrong I love these two little rascals with all of my heart but some days . . . they definitely try my patience.

This morning started off great.  Reese slept in until 7:30 {which is a miracle} and Benson slept until 8:30.  We had breakfast and then came the dreaded bath.  My kids use to do so well in the tub together until just recently.  They fight over the toys, they fight over who is splashing who, you name it they fight about it.

Well this morning Reese was upset because Benson was sitting where she wanted to sit.  Once we got that resolved they played nicely for about 5 minutes, then Benson started hitting Reese on the head with a plastic egg, which caused the screaming and crying to begin.  Their bath did not last long.

After their bath they fought about everything from toys to fruit snacks.  It was quite the morning.  Then to top it all off Reese decided to take a red crayon to our deck outside.  And guess what?
That lucky little girl got to scrub our whole deck until all the red marks were gone.  We definitely have a very clean deck now.  

Today I am very grateful for nap time.  It is kind of like I get to start the day all over and hopefully we have a better afternoon than our morning.  
Even though these two try my patience I sure do love them and can't imagine my life without them.  I am grateful I get to be their mom.  I love their slobbery kisses, their cuddles and hugs.  Life would definitely be boring without my two crazy little rascals.

1 comment:

Mal said...

Oh no kidding. I feel that way sometimes too. And it ALWAYS starts out with a great beginning--I'm starting to grow wary of extra good mornings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...