Wednesday, April 17, 2013

One Year

It's our one year anniversary this week.  It has been 365 days or 52.1775 weeks or 8765.81 hours {you get the picture} since we packed up our little family of four from Rexburg, Idaho and made the very long drive to Dallas, Texas.

One year is the longest Ben and I have ever lived in the 4 1/2 years we have been married!  We lived the crazy life of summer sales for 3 summers, so this one year anniversary business is a big deal for us.

I can hardly believe that a year has passed.  Last summer I thought the 18 months that we would be in Dallas were going to DRAG BY.  I was grateful that when we moved in my father-in-law told me, "you can do anything for 18 months".  That was a phrase that I kept repeating to myself over and over and over again last summer.  Thankfully we have made great friends.  Thankfully I adjusted to Ben's long school hours.  Thankfully my kids keep me busy.  We have been extremely blessed since moving to Texas!

A lot has changed in the past year.  Ben has more gray hairs {so do I}!  We lost our sweet Cornelia.  I have gained a greater love for running {I think it has something to do with the fact that I can actually breath our here}.  Ben has received an amazing education and learned a ton about prosthetics and orthotics.  We have become closer as a couple and a family.  We don't have our families to rely on out here, we're here all on our lonesome and so we turn to each other.  I love Ben so much and I am so grateful for the strong relationship that we have developed over the past year.  

 The kids have grown-up a ton too.  It is kind of crazy how much they have changed.  When we moved here Benson was just a baby and now he is walking, trying to communicate, screaming at most things because he can't communicate what he wants, and falling off everything. 

When I look at pictures of Reese I can't help but think that she was still just a little baby too and now she is a big girl.  She is potty-trained, her hair is getting long, she is sweet and concerned about other people, and she enjoys playing with friends.  It is just amazing to me how much she has grown and changed in the past year.

I am glad we have another 8 months here in Dallas.  We have all enjoyed our time here.  I think I might even get a little teary-eyed when we move, but I guess we will have to wait and see.  Here is to another great 8 in Dallas.  I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

I can't believe how much your kids have grown! It's crazy how quickly they change.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...