Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Dentist

Little Miss Reese went to the dentist today for the very first time.  I was so nervous about taking her but at her 3 year old well check-up the doc told us it was time to take her in.  So we made the appointment.  I told her all about the dentist.  I told her that the dentist was a doctor for her teeth and that he checks our teeth to see if they are healthy and strong.  Reese thought that sounded fun so I told her she was going.  She was quite exited!
Well surprisingly Reese acted like a little pro today.  She sat and chatted it up with the hygienist and then held her mouth wide open just like a little alligator and let the hygienist count, brush, floss, and clean her teeth! 
I imagined Reese screaming/throwing a fit and refusing to open her mouth for anyone just because she didn't want someone poking around in her mouth.  Man oh mighty did this girl surprise me today!  My little girl is growing up!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

What a big girl! I'm so happy it all went well!

Tina Braegger said...

Ha she is s cute! Gotta love the dentist! I wish my big girl dentist was as cool as the kid ones :)

Jessica :) said...

I always think the dentist is terrifying for and I get scared for Livie, too! {I have to be careful with that because I think sometimes she can sense that.} She's always done so great, though. I'm sure it was such a relief that Reese did so well. Great job, Reese!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...