Wednesday morning my sister Michelle {who is incredible} came over and to watch the kids for a full 24 hours. Ben and I took off and drove the whole 30 minutes to Arlington. Right outside of the entrance to Six Flags there is a little cottage that they use as a Subway.
I love, Love, LOVE Subway so our 24 hour date was off to a great start. Sweet onion chicken teriyaki sandwich, with chipotle and sweet onion sauce and tons of veggies! Yummy, it hits the spot every single time!
After our mouth watering lunch, we walked about a mile and a half {not really, but it felt like it} to finally get to the front gate of Six Flags. We got in line to ride the Texas Giant and there began our extremely long wait, 2 hours to be exact! Yes you read right 2 hours!!!
Thankfully that two hour wait was definitely worth it! This was the best roller coaster we went on. It dropped straight down and I seriously came out of my seat {thank goodness for the bar}. My eyes were watering the whole time and afterwards we just giggled. It was a ton of fun and I wished we could have rode again, but I'm not sure my nerves could have handled it.
The next ride we rode on was Titan! We waited in line for about an hour. Yes it was amazing but not as amazing as the Texas Giant. The first hill on the Titan was GINORMOUS!!! The whole time up I kept repeating to Ben "this was stupid, why did we decide to come on this ride?" Thankfully I survived!
We rode one more ride after the Titan and unfortunately that was our last ride. Spring break was a terrible time to go to Six Flags. We waited in line for about 5 hours and spent at the most 2 minutes on roller coasters. We had a blast but I don't think I will ever go to Six Flags over spring break again.
When we left Six Flags we were starved. We went and got some dinner at California Pizza Kitchen! Yum, I LOVE that place. After that we headed to our hotel where we would spend a very relaxing night without any kids!!! I think the part that we were most excited about was being able to sleep in {unfortunately I was up by 7 the next morning}.
The best part about our hotel room was the jacuzzi! It was wonderful to get to soak in after a long day of being on our feet. It was seriously perfect.







5 comments:
Man I want to do something like that with Mike so bad. Minus the coasters.
How fun!! Love all the pics. That tub looks heavenly and so much fun :)
How fun! so glad you two got to get away for a bit!
Oh how fun! Little getaways are the best!
That is a lot of wait time! But I'm so glad you got to do something fun with just Ben. It can be so refreshing to do things without our children tagging along {as much as we love them}.
Post a Comment