But a year has passed and tomorrow my baby will be a toddler! Yikes! I was so excited for Benson to come. Mostly I was tired of being pregnant and I wanted his little body out of me. I was nervous to be a mother of two. I was nervous that I wouldn't love Benson like I loved Reese. I was nervous about Reese adjusting to having a baby around. I was nervous that Reese would feel neglected. I was nervous about a lot of things but I was ready to meet our little man.
When Benson was born all my worries were gone. I loved him so much and I was so grateful he was a part of our family that I kind of forgot about some of those worries for the two days I was in the hospital. Then I went home.
I was so worried about how Reese would react to having a new baby in our home, but Reese loved being a big sister. She was so sweet with Benson and still is. I love when Reese tells me that Benson is her best friend. They are the best little buds. Yes they do fight and they do scream and yell at each other but for the most part they have fun playing and laughing together.
Being a mother of two was a big adjustment for me. Yes I loved Benson but trying to take care of him and Reese was tough at first. Yes, Reese watched a lot of T.V in those first weeks and her hair wasn't done half the time.
![]() |
| Here's Proof |
Adding Benson to our family was the best thing we could have done. I cannot imagine our family without him. He is so calm and so happy. You can usually find him smiling or laughing at someone! He has been so much fun. So without further adieu here is Benson's first 12 months of life!
First day home from the hospital and no one knew what to expect!
We love you buddy boy! Thank you for coming into our lives and making this past year such a great adventure!
a.jpg)




8 comments:
ok my first post didnt show up. stupid. I cannot believe he will be one already. Time goes by way to fast
Time does fly by! Although mine fight too i am glad i had a girl first...they are like little mommies ; )
What a cutie! Happy Birthday to Benson! :)
The picture of Reese on the couch made me laugh out loud. :D
Such cute children!!
I SO needed this post! I think you were inspired ;) Its so nice to know Im not the only one struggling with adjusting to two kids. Its been so hard and its so nice knowing one day it'll be easier. Facebook me when it does :) 3 months?...haha thanks for posting this! Happy birthday Benson!
I loved this post... I almost cried because I know exactly how you felt. I think one child is like a hobby but having two really is a full time job!
This year went by so fast! I can't believe he is 1! I am sooo glad you wrote about having a hard time at first, that was me exactly! Happy birthday Benson! :)
Okay, I love Reese's bedhead picture! It made me giggle all night! Awesome! Benson is the cutest little guy ever. Happy Birthday Benson!!
Post a Comment