Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Things I love and other things...

I LOVE living in Texas!  Don't get me wrong the summer is terrible but winter time . . . is pure heaven!  I LOVE that we can go outside with just a jacket and play when others are stuck inside because they have snow up to their hips.

I HATE not having a car.  Some days I think I am going to go crazy because we cant go anywhere.  I loved being able to break up the day by going places but now we are housebound {unfortunately}.  And I promise that is the last time I am going to complain about not having a car!

I LOVE that right next door to our apartment there is a playground!  What would I do without that playground?  It keeps me sane!  I'm so thankful that both my kids love playing outside and I'm grateful the playground area is surrounded by wood chips because most days they just want to dig in the dirt and play with the wood chips.

I have a love/hate relationship with Reese's blanket.  Ben won this blanket last year when he won our wards ugly sweater contest.  From the moment we brought that blanket home Reese claimed it as her own.  Recently that blanket is the only thing she wants to sleep with, which is fine with me.  But when she starts dragging it around the house everywhere and needs her snowman blanket to eat dinner with . . . that is where I draw the line!  Thankfully she doesn't need to take the blanket out in public!

I love Love, LOVE the tub!  The tub makes my children so happy and when the kids are happy so is the mama!  They could spend forever in the tub especially if there is bubbles involved.  Benson loves the tub the most.  As soon as he hears the tub filling up with water he comes crawling as fast as his little legs can carry him and then pulls himself up next to the tub and starts banging on the tub.  He could not be happier when he is in the tub!

I thought I hated Reese's bike but yesterday I took her out to practice riding her bike and to my surprise Reese started pedaling and riding her bike all on her own!  I was so surprised.  She is really slow but we are making progress and I am so excited!

Dinner time drives me crazy!  It drives me bonkers!!!  Yes we have one of those children who just look at the food and say they don't like that food.  Dinner time has become a battle, every single night.  It doesn't matter what eat, Reese takes one look at it and says she's not hungry.  We have to fight her the whole time.  I really hate dinner time!

I am LOVING getting back into shape.  This morning I ran 4.16 miles and I am so proud of myself!  I have never been a great runner and I have never enjoyed running.  What has been making the difference?  For Christmas my little sister got a new ipod and she was so nice and gave me her old one.  I use to run without anything and by two miles I would be so bored {especially since I run on a treadmill}.  After I had Benson I was a faithful runner until July and then I quit because I was bored and tired of running.  But running with music makes a HUGE difference.  I feel like I can run and run and run and I love that sweaty feeling when I am done!  On days I don't run I do workout videos at home and I am loving that achy feeling all over my body as I get back into shape!

2 comments:

Mal said...

Good for you, Kristen! I agree--long-distance running is BORING! I do like sprinting though. I wish I liked long-distance sometimes, but when I try to run more than a mile I'm just bored out of my mind. That's why I dance for a work out. I could dance all day!

Tina Braegger said...

Go you! Running is so hard but so awesome at the same time. Good luck getting back into shape! :) I would love to visit Texas one day. It sounds fun. You are such a trooper surviving without a car. Your kids always look so happy and loved! So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...