Ben bought Cornelia right when he got home from his mission in 2008. Ben and I had a lot of great memories in that car. She hauled Ben up and down Utah while we were dating and engaged. We might have had a couple kisses inside Cornelia. She has listened to hours and hours and hours worth of laughing sessions, conversations, and books on CD's. She took us on trips to St. Louis, Houston, Oklahoma City, Idaho, Utah {several times} and finally Dallas. She raced me to the hospital with both my children. She has taken Ben to school every day so I didn't have to. She was the most faithful car we have ever owned and we loved her A LOT!
On Monday January 21, 2013 it was a day like any other day. We decide to take both of our cars out and give them a little TLC. We were going to wash and vacuum them out. After cleaning our cars we decided to go out to lunch. Right in the middle of the intersection Cornelia took her last breath. Thankfully she coasted to the curb and then Ben pushed her to her final resting spot. She has been such a great car for our little family and it is sad to see her go. She was just under 230,000 miles so we knew she wouldn't last much longer.
Unfortunately since Cornelia broke we are now down to one car which means . . . Ben takes the car every day to school which means we feel like this. . .
Caged!!!
We thought that maybe I could take Ben to school every day but it is a 30 minute drive into Dallas and Ben leaves around 7/7:30 and isn't done until 5 p.m. which is right when I start making dinner every night. So obviously that wouldn't work.
I know I just need to buck up and have a better attitude. Lots of people only have one car and they make do. I can do this, but man oh man do I miss our little Corny.
2 comments:
SO sad! We have been with only one car before and it is so hard. You need to find a friend with a big vehicle : )
Going from two cars to one is like going from a 4-bedroom house to a 2-bedroom apartment. You don't actually NEED it, but man it was sooooo nice while it lasted! Haha! Hang in there--good luck!
Post a Comment