Friday, February 8, 2013

Benson's Day

Yesterday was Benson's big day!  We made this day 100% about Benson.  He slept until about 8 a.m. and then it was up for his most favorite breakfast. . . German pancakes.  We even put a candle in his german pancake and sang to him.  He was wondering what in the world was going on!
After breakfast we did the one thing that Benson loves the most . . . a bath!  
Reese and Benson splashed around and had a great time making my bathroom VERY wet.
After baths it was off to take a walk in our VERY ghetto double stroller, but we can't complain because it was free!
Our walk led us to our very favoritest park, Kid Country.  Benson had fun swinging, bouncing, trying to catch bugs in his mouth, ringing bells, and crawling everywhere.  
Then it was home to take naps.  While Benson was napping Reese and I made his birthday cake and wrapped presents.  After we wrapped all of Benson's presents Reese asked me where her present was.  I had to explain about birthdays and how today was Benson's day but that in a few weeks it would be her birthday and she would get presents and cake.  She thought about it for a second and decided that sounded good.  She was such a good sport about celebrating Benson's day!

When Ben got home and my sister and her husband came over, we opened presents.  Benson did really well with opening presents.  I thought for sure he would get tired of it but he did great ripping, biting, and tearing those presents open.

After a little bit Reese decided she would take it from there and helped Benson open the rest of his presents.  What a lucky boy to have such a helpful sister!

We gave Benson this huge Tonka truck!  I was a little hesitant at first whether or not to get it but that boy has fallen in love with this truck.
Now I just need to convince Reese that this is Benson's toy!

That night we had pizza for dinner {Benson's favorite}.  He devours that stuff and it has tomatoes, onions, chicken and all kinds of stuff that little kids don't like.

After pizza it was on to cake and ice cream.  Now I have to say that this was the worst cake that I have ever made in terms of cuteness, but at least it tasted great.  I don't think Benson really cared what it looked like either, he just wanted to taste it!
Once Benson tasted that chocolaty goodness there was no going back.  He was in love!  He devoured the cake and I might have even given him another piece.
We love you Benson boy!  You make us all smile and laugh every day!  We love your sweet
 smile and your sweet little personality!  Thank you for coming to our family and making us so so happy!

I still can't believe you are one Benson!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Happy Birthday sweet Benson! We are so glad you're our friend! Kristen, you did a great job on the cake! It looks great and so yummy! And wow, does that truck look fun!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...