Thursday, January 10, 2013

A bubble bath fiasco

Yesterday was quite the day.  We made two trips to Walmart because the first time around I forgot my wallet.  Ben got home early from school yesterday which was fantastic!  But here is where it turned into a very poopy day.  After dinner Reese asked if she could take a bubble bath.  While we were on our two trips to Walmart Reese discovered bubble bath so we bought some. 

Reese is very deprived and has never had a bubble bath before.  I had good intentions many years ago but I bought the wrong stuff and never got around to buying bubble bath again.  That is beside the point.  As we were filling up our bathtub with strawberry scented bubbles the power went off.  Great, I thought so much for a bubble bath.

Reese still wanted to get in and so I had her hop in the tub.  Ben and I grabbed our cellphones and used their lights and then I grabbed my laptop for more light {yes it is probably time to invest in a flashlight}.  Benson wanted to get in the tub too and boy does that boy love baths so I took all his clothes off and then his diaper.  As I took his diaper off I could smell poop right away.  I lifted up his diaper but there was no poop in it so I put Benson in the tub, but I could still smell poop.  I put my hand in the water and moved the bubbles around to see if Benson had poop on him or if there was poop in the tub.  I didn't find any so I just thought well maybe he farted right when I took his diaper off.

I grabbed my camera and snapped a few pictures of my kiddos in their very first bubble bath.  And then commenced the screaming pictures {our poor neighbors}!

I am sure they just love us to pieces.
The whole time I was taking pictures I could still smell poop but I didn't know where the smell was coming from.  Right as I was finished taking my last picture, I looked down at the ground and I could seem something squished into the ground.  I couldn't tell what it was in the dark so I put my finger in it and right as I did I realized what that dark squishy thing was . . . POOP!  I was disgusted and started screaming, "Oh this is soooooooo disgusting!  Ew, ew, ew, ew."  I then looked at the bottom of my shoe and I had definitely stepped in it and their was poop in the crevasses of my gym shoe {so gross, but at least I wasn't bare foot}.

Right then Reese starts yelling, "Mommy Benson is pooping!!!"  I picked up my cellphone and shone the light into the tub and there was poop EVERYWHERE!  Benson then decided that he wanted to eat those large floating masses in the tub, thankfully Ben was there to grab Benson and hold him while I cleaned the floor, my shoe, and the tub. 

Well all that poop ended our fun in the tub.  There was no hot water because the power was still off and so we rinsed the kids off in cold water and just wiped the rest of the bubbles off of them.  It's a good thing this kid is so darn cute or I wouldn't think this story was funny at all.  I just wish he would quit pooping so much.

4 comments:

Maggie Dalton said...

This probably didn't make your day but it made mine :)

Kelsey said...

I'm sorry! Not fun in the moment but will definitely be a good story later! Hope you guys won't rule out bubble baths forever! ;)

Nicole said...

Haha. Thanks for the good laugh. Gotta love those mom moments...at least Ben was there! :)
p.s. I totally forgot my wallet last week and had to make 2 trips to Walmart too. Thank goodness I realized it before loading up the cart.

absterradster said...

I've totally done the wallet thing at Walmart too! Really frustrating! That's the problem with having diaper bags and purses and church bags! :) This story was exactly what I needed to read today! Being a mom can be tough! Thanks for having such a good attitude and reminding me that it can be done! (and done well) Love you from a distance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...