Thursday, November 8, 2012

9 Months Young

Holy smokes Benson is 9 months old!?!  When did this happen?  My baby is not going to be a baby much longer and I am a little sad about that.
My handsome little man had his 9 month check-up today.  Thankfully he didn't need any immunizations {that always makes us happy}.  Benson's stats are:
Weight: 19lbs. 12oz {37th percentile}
Height:  29.25 inches {81st percentile}
I am seriously so thankful that this little boy has slowed down.  After his 4 month check-up I was worried that he was going to be ginormous but he finally slowed down so I don't have to pack a 25 pound baby around on my hip.

Benson has been learning and growing so much in the last few months.  It has been fun watching him discover that there are things to play with and get into all over the house. 
Once he realized that there were things inside the cupboards that he could play with he was in heaven.  Every day we go through the same thing, he empties out the cupboard and I clean up the mess.  I love my job!

Benson also wants to see everything that is going on.  Making dinner gets tricky.  Benson wants to be in my arms to see what I am doing, but cooking and holding a baby at the same time is almost impossible.  He loves when I empty the dishwasher.  He wants to get up into the dishwasher and help me empty it out.
If only they always stayed this excited about helping empty the dishwasher.  I just won't let him know that it's really work.

Benson has also discovered the bookshelf.  
Oh that darn bookshelf!
I have never understood why it is so fun for babies to pull all the books off the bookshelf, but Benson is a normal baby and has found much joy in pulling all of the books off of the bookshelf. 

So yes Benson is a normal baby.  He is into everything and making messes everywhere he goes.  He is our little tornado!  We sure do love our little man though.  He is the sweetest little boy.  He makes us all smile and laugh every day.  I love listening to him talk to himself.  He has two little tiny teeth coming in.  I am so sad to see his little gummy smile go but I love watching him grow and learn.
We love you to pieces buddy boy! 

4 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

He is such a handsome little boy! You are such a great mom Kristen!

Jessica :) said...

Kristen, he is soo adorable! I love that deep dimple of his! Don't you just love the things babies get into? Somehow, it's never bothersome cleaning up after babies. I love it!

Kelsey said...

He is so sweet! I love that he is into the dishwasher! How cute is that?!

Tina said...

He is sooo cute! Love those cute dimples!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...