Friday, November 2, 2012

Trick-orTreat, Smell my Feet

I grew up in a very small town.  Most people have never heard of Lake Shore Utah.  Well that is where I grew up.  In Lake Shore there are no stop lights and on my street {we lived on a Dead End} there was a grand total of 7 houses.  So yeah, we lived out in the boonies or the sticks.  Trick-or-treating for me and my siblings consisted of visiting these 7 houses and that was it.  My mom always said we didn't need a bunch of candy and so we never went house to house trick-or-treating, mostly because all the houses were too far apart.

Our Halloween was kicked off by have a VERY delicious dinner.  Just ask Ben how delicious it was, after he was done forcing the food down, he went and made himself something else to eat!  That is how yummy our dinner was, but at least it was festive!

Our dinner was themed around mummies.  Our first course consisted of the ever delicious mummy dogs.

Then we moved on to our 2nd course which was mummy pizzas.  Word to the wise, don't EVER make pizza with string cheese.  It is disgusting.  Ben took one bite and cringed, it was THAT good!

And to finish off our wonderful meal we had dirt cups.  At least one things was good.  We all enjoyed our dirt cups {except Reese}.  She didn't think it would be fun to eat dirt and worms.

After enjoying our lovely dinner we threw all our costumes on really fast because we had friends meeting us.  We were going to go trick-or-treating in one of the neighborhoods next to our complex.  Thankfully everyone was running late so we had time to snap of few pictures of the kiddos.

Reese was SOOO excited to go trick-or-treating.  All day long she kept telling me that tonight the moon was going to be full and that it was time to go trick-or-treating!  
Everyone showed up and off we went.  We had such a fun time trick-or-treating.  I couldn't help but smile to myself all night long.  I loved seeing the joy on Reese's face as she went door to door.  I loved watching her run around with her little friends.  I loved watching these little girls go timidly to each door and say trick-or-treat and timidly choose a piece of candy. 
I loved seeing them get a little scared by certain things, like the spooky music playing at someone's house or the big spider sitting on someone's lawn.  They all I had so much fun {myself included}.  The neighborhood we went to was perfect.  It was two big loops with TONS of houses.  People were sitting in their driveways on lawn chairs waiting for us and Reese definitely got plenty of candy.

We hope you had a very happy Halloween, because we sure did!

3 comments:

Tina Braegger said...

How cute are you guys! Love the costumes! You are soooo talented to make those!

Kelsey said...

We loved trick-or-treating with you guys! It was so fun! And really, you are a seamstress! I'm still so impressed with their cute costumes!

Jessica :) said...

I love making Halloween themed food! It's my goal to do it every year {though I am sorry you guys didn't end up thrilled with yours....}. Your costumes are so great! And I love that Reese had so much fun with the holiday! I think kids make holidays so much better. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...