Yes Georgie came to the jungle with us, but I guess it is okay because technically Georgie belongs in the jungle and we figured he would have fun! Reese was really excited to go to the jungle. She talked about going to the jungle ALL morning long.
They had a huge area for the elephants, giraffes, and zebras. They all live together and the Dallas zoo is one of the first zoos to house all three animals together. We felt like we were right in Africa! Okay not really but it was pretty cool to see them all together.
I think Reese's favorite part of the whole zoo was these little statue elephants. She saw some big kids climbing on them and all she wanted to do was sit on top of them and climb them. Every time we passed these elephants she had to stop and run around them and climb on them.
After having lunch and letting the kids play at the playground for a little while we went to the petting zoo. Last summer we went to a zoo with goats but Reese would NOT touch them. She was terrified of the goats and wanted NOTHING to do with them. This summer was a completely different story. One of the youth volunteers took Reese into the goats pen {without her mommy I might add} and Reese went right up to the goats and started petting them.
She was so brave and I was so impressed at how brave she was. It also reminded me that my little Reesie had grown up A LOT in the last year. She sat in the pen for a while walking around petting all of the goats. Then we fed the goats. This is when Benson got REALLY excited and I think it is safe to say this was DEFINITELY his favorite part of the zoo!
All the goats saw the food and came and stuck their heads out of the fence. He started giggling and laughing at these strange looking animals. Then he started grabbing at the goats, pulling on their ears, and wanting to pet them. It was the funniest thing because he just sat and giggled and giggled and laughed whenever those goats came near him!
We had such a fun time at the zoo! The kids had a blast together. It has been so great to have some friends and go and do fun things with them.









5 comments:
Cute! I love your post!! :) and I love that Reese had SO much fun in the jungle! We should do it again!
So fun! (Kristen you look fabulous by the way! )
So fun! Isn't it crazy how much these little kids grow and change in so short a time? It always takes something like your experience with Reese to make me see just how quickly my little ones are growing. I'm glad the weather has stopped scorching you and that you had a good time!
Haha love it! The zoo is awesome! You look amazing too. You skinny pants!
What a fun trip! And so awesome that Reese is getting so brave and adventurous. Very cute pictures!
Post a Comment