Monday, October 8, 2012

Ebelskivers

Ben's family has a tradition of an ebelskiver breakfast the morning of General Conference.  I had never tasted, let alone heard of an ebelskiver until Ben and I were engaged.  It was a few weeks before Ben and I got married and for General Conference we spent Sunday morning with Ben's family because they were having ebelskivers.  Unfortunately I got put in charge of cooking the ebelskivers and I was EXTREMELY nervous I was going to burn them or worse they weren't going to be cooked all the way through.  To make matters worse Brad (Ben's brother) told me I had better not ruin their whole breakfast...no pressure right!  Thankfully they were cooked and they were DELICIOUS!!

For our first Christmas together I received my very own ebelskiver pan from Ben's parents so Ben and I could carry on the tradition of ebelskivers conference weekend.  I was so excited to have my own ebelskiver pan because number one they are delicious and number two I wanted to carry on this tradition.
So every General Conference weekend we whip out our ebelskiver pan and we make a very delicious breakfast of ebelskivers. 
We love having our ebelskiver breakfast and I love that there is not quite as much pressure to make a perfect ebelskiver like the first time I made them for Ben's family.

3 comments:

Heidi and Nathan said...

I love ebelskivers! My family used to always make them with the missionaries when my dad was the ward mission leader. I am glad you guys eat them because NO ONE knows what they are.

Kelsey said...

Looks yummy! I have never heard of ebelskivers! :)

Jen Gull said...

What the heck are those? You'll have to make them for us when you come in December

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...