Monday, October 22, 2012

Apartment Living

Oh apartment living.  I look forward to the day when my family and I can move into a house.  I get a little jealous when I hear about friends who are buying or even renting a house.  I sometimes wish it was me and my family moving into a house.  I would love some more space! Ben teases me that we aren't going to be moving into a house until I am in my 40's!  Thankfully that is only 12 years away!!!  I tell him that I don't need anything fancy just a backyard and a little more living space than the fours walls that we currently live in. 

But there are a few good things about living in an apartment.  I don't have to take care of a yard yet.  When things break I can call the apartment complex and they come and fix it right away and I don't have to pay for it, I kind of LOVE that.  When I lose something I don't have to search a great big huge house, I just look around my little apartment until I find it.  I don't have a huge house to clean, I can get my cleaning done REALLY quick because there isn't much to clean.  We don't have to pay huge bills when it comes to water and air conditioning {I LOVE my apartment nice and cool during the HOT summer}.  For the most part I have enjoyed living in an apartment and the kids don't mind it either.
They are pretty darn happy most of the time in our apartment.  They don't mind sharing a bedroom.  They don't care that there is no room to run around, jump, and play.  I mean they do have the master bedroom and get to enjoy ALL that room.  Those lucky kids! 

But some days we just can't take our itty bitty living space anymore and we just have to get out!
One of our favorite places to go when we can't take the apartment anymore is the park.  We love, Love, LOVE the park.  They just finished a new park really close to our apartment and both Reese and Benson are in love with this park.  We go there multiple times throughout the week.
Sometimes when daddy-o is home we take him with us, but usually it is just the three of us.  We don't mind, we could spend hours at that park.  Reese and Benson swing, and swing, and swing and then when I think they are finished they want to swing some more.  I get a good workout in my arms, you should see my biceps!

Another reason I love this park is there are a few things for Benson to do.  They have a little kid sectioned off where they have a tunnel that babies can crawl through, baby swings, and a trampoline as Reese calls them.  Benson is in heaven because he can get down and play for a little bit.
I don't know what we would do without the park.  It helps get the kids energy out and it keeps this mom sane, because let's face it, those four walls of our apartment can sometimes drive us crazy!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I know what you mean and when you do move into a house you will appreciate it so much! I know I have since we moved in February. Have your kiddos always shared a room or did you have Benson in your room at first? How do they do at night when Benson wakes up?

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Nicole, Benson was with us for about the first 2 months and then we moved him in with Reese. They do great together. When Benson does wake up during the night, Reese doesn't even budge, she sleeps right through his crying. She is a very deep sleeper.

Tina Braegger said...

You have such good kids! The park definetly saved us when we were in an apartment. Having a house is nice but you are completely right about everything. Expensive, a lot of work... I can't wait til the day you can get one though. For me the biggest change is just having a sense of security that we will stay a while. And I am sure you will have one before you are 40! Lol! Ty used to tell me the same thing and look at us now...

Jessica :) said...

Apartments can feel kind of cramped. Even though I have a house I often still feel like I'm living in an apartment. Our kitchen and living room are bigger than any apartment I've ever seen, but the bedrooms are the same size, there is almost no storage space in our unit, I have to share my laundry room and I get to listen to my neighbors obnoxious music at 11pm. But it is nice to have a yard, that's true. I'm sure you'll be in a house before you're 40! And I'm glad you have a good park close by that you can go to help keep your kiddos busy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...