Friday, October 26, 2012

Fall...What's that?

Texas is weird!  It is super hot during the summer, so hot that you don't want to go outside, because let's face it, it is MISERABLE!  I definitely do not want to live permanently in Texas.  It's fall now and guess what?  The weather is PERFECT!!!  It has been in the 80's and it has been wonderful.  We are still wearing shorts and it is the end of October.  This is so weird for me.  I am use to long pants, sweaters, and the leaves turning colors in October.  We haven't experienced any of those things in Texas.  The trees and grass are still green outside.  It is crazy!  If it was like this all year long I could live in Texas, but those darn summers are HORRIBLE!  Trust me, Texas is HOT!

To make things feel a little more like October and to get ready for Halloween we made Halloween sugar cookies.  I made sugar cookies last Halloween with Reese but she could have cared less.  This year was completely different!
 Reese loves helping me cook so she was especially excited to get to roll out the dough and then she got to cut out the cookies!  She was in heaven!
Yes it took a lot longer to do things, yes everything was super messy but she was so excited about getting to help.  She has been so excited about Halloween!  One of our neighbors has a ghost, spider web, a boo sign, and the grim reaper hanging up in their windows.  Any time we go outside we have to walk pass their windows so she can see their Halloween decorations.  She always points to the grim reaper and says, "Oh look at that cute little guy" thankfully nothing scares her or looks creepy yet.

Anyways it was a blast making sugar cookies with my Reesie girl!  I loved making sugar cookies with my mom and it is something that I hope Reese will continue to enjoy doing with me for years to come!
Plus the BEST thing about making sugar cookies is eating them! YUM!!!

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

Such fun! I love doing things with Livie in the kitchen. It's so fun to see her claim things as hers when she's had s hand in their creation. Hopefully we'll be better about making things together when I have fewer feedings each day with Dallin (seems like almost all my time now is spent feeding a baby - but that will change before I know it). I lovethe pictures of Reese making the cookies. She sure looks like she loves it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...