Kaylee hasn't had a whole lot of fun this summer because of that darn cast so she decided to come to Texas and visit us for a few days. She also brought along my other sister Michelle. I have sure missed having my sisters around. The only thing that could have made their visit better is if my sister Jen and my mom could have come too.
We went to the mall one day and visited their AMAZING candy store! They have so much candy in that store it is hard to see everything. Let's just say we were all in heaven!
They have bags you can fill up with as much candy as your little heart desires...it can add up really quickly and get expensive, so you have to use a little bit of self-control, which I am happy to say I used.
We spent lots of time just sitting around talking. I have missed having my sisters around a lot. We also went to a bunch of parks. My favorite park, that is just a few blocks from our apartment, is getting torn down in a few weeks.
I call it the fort playground. Reese loves this playground and I am sad they are tearing it down. Thankfully they are building a new one in its place but it won't be done until October.
Reese loves running through the fort and sliding down the slides and swinging on the swings and climbing on anything that she can find to climb.
But the thing Reese loves MOST about this playground is the fact that they have a sandbox with all of the toys you can imagine. When we go to this playground this is where we spend most of our time and when we went with Michelle and Kaylee it was no different. After playing on the playground she headed to the sandbox and took her best friend Michelle with her.
And that is where they spend the rest of the night, building their castle {according to Reese}.
We also went to one of my very favorite ice cream places. It is called Tappy's Yogurt! YUM! It is a frozen yogurt shop and you get to sample the frozen yogurt all you want. It is delicious. You then get to add all the toppings you want and then you get to enjoy your heavenly goodness that you created!
It is FANTASTIC and I had to make sure that Chell and Kaylee got to experience some of this yummy goodness!
Unfortunately our swimming pool was closed the whole time my sisters were here until the morning they left. So Monday morning we got up and went swimming before they had to leave for the airport. Poor Kaylee couldn't get her cast wet but she found a way to keep cool.
Reese had a blast swimming with Michelle. I don't think Michelle got much of a break from Reese the whole time she was here. Reese has definitely missed having Michelle around to play with.
We LOVED having Chelle and Kaylee stay with us for a few days and had so much fun playing with them and eating lots of junk food with them! Even though it was sad that Kaylee was in a cast all summer long, we are glad it made her plan a trip to come visit us in Texas!










3 comments:
I wish I could have come :(. I'm sad I missed out on all the fun
Sisters really are the best!
aww how fun! Makes me wish I had a sister :)
Benson is sooo flipping cute in his bouncer!! Olivia used to love that thing too. Such a great invention!
And that is so cool you guys got to see Rascal Flatts! Yay for date nights. I swear that is what kept us sane through school is having a little bit of fun time together along the way :)
Post a Comment