Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day

This year for the 4th they had a parade right on our street!  It was great.  Ben went out early and set up our blanket and chairs, but someone should have told us we didn't need to.  We live in a little town outside of Dallas.  It is a nice little town but their parade was kind of...well...it was a parade and it was short and sweet just the way we like them.
Reese was SO excited for the parade.  The day before the parade Reese told me all day long that she was going to the brave {I guess parade sounds like brave}!  She had a blast at the parade.  She was dancing and waving and so excited about everything!
We got a TON of candy at this parade.  I have never seen so much candy given out at a parade before, it kind of felt like Halloween.  We also got two beach balls, pinwheels, fans, and junk from every company in town. 
 
I am so grateful to be an American.  I am thankful to live in the country that I live in.  I never realized how blessed I actually was until I went to Brazil.  We are so blessed to live in America!
I LOVE this country!
I am so thankful for the men and women who fight for us to keep our freedoms.  
 Happy Fourth of July!!

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

Cute photos! And you really did get a lot of swag at your parade! Holy cow! We went to the parade here but there wasn't a lot of candy thrown around. Not that I was super disappointed because Livie (nor I) need a lot of candy. It was also crazy and there were a ton of people so even though there were some companies who gave other goodies we didn't get anything else. Too many other kids to "fight" for stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...