To avoid this dilemma I decided that I would set up the pack n' play in my bedroom for Benson's afternoon nap so Reese wouldn't wake him up with her crying every afternoon.
Well here is the problem...Benson does NOT like the pack n' play. His morning nap he sleeps like a champ in his crib but in the pack n' play...that is a completely different story!
Every afternoon the following would happen: I would put Benson down for his nap and he would sleep for about thirty minutes and then wake up screaming. So I would let him cry it out {afraid he would wake up Reese the whole time} and he would eventually cry himself back to sleep. He would sleep for another 15 minutes and wake up screaming again. So I would go in and get him and hold him until he fell back asleep. Then I would put him back in the pack n' play and he would sleep for another 30 minutes and then wake up screaming again. This would go on all afternoon long until Reese finally woke up.
I did this for three days and finally came to the conclusion that Benson does NOT like the pack n' play. He prefers his crib or the mattress in his crib, so I solved that problem!
Every afternoon before Benson's nap time I take his mattress out of his crib and lay it on the floor in my bedroom. Now Benson can take the 3 hour nap that I know he can take and I can enjoy a few hours to myself!
Problem solved!!!

1 comment:
Wow what a picky boy. Haha. Love those two kids.
Post a Comment