Not only are they completely different in looks but in personality.
For example...
Let me rewind to two years ago when Reese was 4 months old. We were living in Houston Texas at the time and Ben's parents were coming out to visit us for a few days. Ben told me before hand that we were going to go out on a date, just the two of us. So we decided a few weeks before Ben's parents came that we had better try out a bottle on Reese to make sure she would eat from it.I pumped some milk put it in a bottle and gave it to Reese. She chewed on it for a few seconds and then pushed it out of her mouth. I tried again. I put the bottle in her mouth and the same thing happened, she chewed on it and then pushed it out of her mouth. So I tried again. This time she just started screaming like I was torturing her. So I backed off. A few minutes later I tried again and she started screaming all over again.
This continued for the next two weeks. I tried everything. I tried formula, I tried breast milk, I tried different bottles, I tried different nipples with different bottles, I seriously tried EVERYTHING to get her to take a bottle but she would not do it! She would NOT drink from a bottle for anything. Every time I tried to give her a bottle I always felt bad because Reese would scream bloody Mary!
We finally gave her rice cereal and she would eat that so it was determined that we would leave some milk for Reese but that she could eat rice cereal that night to fill her up so she wouldn't starve when Ben and I went out.
Fast forward to today. I think it is interesting how early a babies personality comes out. To this day Reese is VERY stubborn. If she doesn't want to do something she is not going to do it no matter how much I beg and plead {that is why some days Reese spends a lot of time in time-out}. She was stubborn when she was 4 months old and continues being very stubborn today. How does a 4 month old now how to be stubborn at such a young age? I have no idea but that trait has definitely stuck with Reese.
Now Benson on the other hand is completely different. Benson is so laid back and could care less where his food comes from just as long as he gets it. He is wonderful at taking a bottle and loves his weekly bottle. He also loves formula and has no problem with it.
Benson is almost always happy {unless he's hungry}. He is the most laid back baby and so easy going. He is quick to smile and very sweet.
Oh how I love my children and how very different they are! I am glad they are so different because they keep life interesting. How boring life would be if we were all the same. Thank goodness for different personalities!


6 comments:
Super cute post. I am always amazed at how different kids can be. My sister and I always used to be described as vanilla and chocolate because we were so different. I have to say I kind of hope our next one is different from Livie - having a not-so-stubborn baby would be kind of nice! Love the photos, too.
THis is crackin' me up because I have to SAME thing with my kiddos expect the opposite. Emma was easy laid back and a great eater no matter where it comes from. Kellen on the other hand is the exact opposite. It is hard having the 2nd baby be the hard one because I just assumed all my babies would be as easy as Emma was (past tense...the terrible 2's have changed that)Boy oh boy is it hard to have a stubborn one at such a young age!
How cute! I agree, as much as I love Isabel, I wouldn't want to repeat everything again. How boring! I look forward to the different personalities.
Adah and Ethan are complete opposites to. Adah is stubborn and agrues with me like crazy and if she does not want to do something you can not get her do it no matter what and Ethan is way Chill and so easy going. I love them both.
It sounded like you were describing my children!!! So funny!
I feel like the first child is stubborn and the second one is more laid back. Probably not always true, but true in a lot of instances, and I'm glad it's true for you and I!
Post a Comment